April 21, 2020
Palo Alto, CA – [April 21, 2020] FLG Partners, a leading CFO and CEO consulting practice and Board advisory services firm, serving over 500 companies from startups to Fortune 100, has announced the election of Laureen DeBuono as its new Managing Partner effective May 1, 2020, and FLG’s expanded Board advisory capabilities.
Ms. DeBuono, who joined FLG in 2011, is a highly seasoned CEO, COO, and CFO with over 35 years of extensive management experience in both public and private companies, as well as an active public company Board member and Audit Committee Chair. Her focus as Managing Partner will be to build on the growth and success of the firm, as well to assist with the expansion of the firm’s practice sectors, advising clients on crisis management strategies including those associated with Covid-19, launching the firm’s CFO Leadership Series, and leading its Board advisory practice.
FLG’s Board advisory practice leverages the deep experience of many of its partners who have served on both public and public boards, as well as chaired Board committees. This experience can provide Boards of Directors with invaluable insights about the latest strategies for crisis management, stronger Board governance, M&A, and best practices. FLG’s partners are frequently sought out by CEOs and Board Chairs to advise them about key strategic decisions, and to advise Committee Chairs about Executive, Audit, and Compensation Committee priorities and areas of impact.
The firm’s offering of Board performance improvement initiatives includes:
- Crisis management advice and counseling
- Strategic advice and counseling
- Board audits, evaluation of Board practice, including member composition and diversity, onboarding, mentoring of new members, and Board dynamics and conflict resolution
- Assessment of Board objectives, governance structures and processes; counsel and research insights on best practices and their implementation
- Recommendations to re-set Board expectations and practices to improve effectiveness, communication, and governance
- Recommendations to improve Board succession planning and recruitment practices
- Leadership audits and assessment of the C-Suite, as well as succession planning
Commenting on FLG’s expansion of its Board advisory practice, incoming Managing Partner Laureen DeBuono noted: “Our expanded capabilities around Board advisory consulting for Board chairs and directors continues FLG’s longstanding commitment to delivering superior value to our clients. Especially now, with crisis management at a critical need, we believe we offer exceptional advice and counseling in this area, as well as experienced-based advice and counseling to improve Board effectiveness, efficiency and impact.”
Full press release is here.