At FLG Partners, we know finding truly great professionals is always hard, and finding great CFOs, even harder.
If you’re an experienced and highly accomplished CFO, FLG Partners is the best place for you to practice your profession. Our culture at FLG Partners is highly collaborative, collegial, and egalitarian and our partner turnover is exceptionally low.
We have the highest standards for FLG partners and are committed to delivering maximum value to our clients and their investors. When clients engage an FLG CFO they’re getting the best in the business, so when we recruit you, you’re joining an exclusive network of talented and highly experienced financial professionals.
You should know that FLG Partners is not a staffing, executive search, recruiting or temporary placement company. We are a partnership. If you are in transition and simply looking to do some consulting until you find a new opportunity, we’re not for you. Our operating model is similar to a law firm where FLG’s partners each own the firm as equals. We have no junior partners and no junior staff. We do not subcontract client work outside FLG, and it is very rare that we refer work outside our firm.
What We Look For In New Partners
Our partners at FLG typically have over 20 years of CFO and business experience with strong corporate pedigrees and significant and progressive accomplishments as CFOs, including demonstrable transactional and fundraising track records.
We carefully vet every prospective partner at FLG according to rigorous criteria:
- A strong professional reputation as a CFO for private and/or public companies with excellent company references
- Sector experience in technology, software, life sciences, healthcare, consumer products and services, energy and green tech, financial services and fintech, e-commerce, mobile, manufacturing and logistics, or non-profits
- Public company CFO experience is a plus as are a deep understanding of capital markets and M&A experience
- Extensive knowledge of the business language, practices, personalities and culture of Silicon Valley
- A willingness and aptitude for marketing and extending the FLG Partners brand
- A collegial and collaborative personality and workstyle
- Highest ethical standards
- San Francisco Bay Area residency
Partner Vetting Process
Apart from your professional credentials, your compatibility with our culture and our business practices is essential. You will interview with each partner of the firm, and admission to the firm occurs after rigorous background and reference checks, followed by approval by FLG’s partners. You should anticipate that this process will take at least a couple of months.
Engagement Flexibility for Partners
FLG’s partners work with clients through a variety of engagement models:
- Multi-year, full-time employment
- Full-time interim consulting
- Part-time interim consulting
- Project and advisory consulting
- Mentoring and coaching
- Positions on boards of directors
Regardless of the kind of client engagement model you prefer our practice likely accommodates it.
If you’re interested in becoming part of the leading and most respected CFO resource and board advisory firm in Silicon Valley, and contributing to and drawing upon the greatest concentration of CFO expertise in the western United States, please visit our CFO job posting.