At FLG Partners, we know finding truly great professionals is always hard, and finding great CFOs, even harder.
If you’re an experienced and highly accomplished Chief Financial Officer, FLG Partners is the best place for you to practice your profession as an interim CFO. Our culture at FLG Partners is highly collaborative, collegial, and egalitarian and our partner turnover is exceptionally low.
We have the highest professional standards for CFOs and FLG partners and are committed to delivering maximum value to our clients and their investors. When clients engage an FLG CFO, they’re getting the best in the business, so when we recruit you, you’re joining an exclusive firm of talented and highly experienced financial professionals. We have done work for over 600 clients ranging from early stage to Fortune 500, across the US and globally.
You should know that FLG Partners is not a staffing, executive search, recruiting or temporary placement company. We are a partnership of senior-level executives. If you are a CFO in transition and simply looking to do some consulting until you find a new opportunity, we’re not for you. Our operating model is similar to a law firm where FLG’s partners each own the firm as equals. While the firm is based in Silicon Valley, we have partners located nationally and clients globally.
What We Look For In New Partners
Partners at FLG have at least 20-25 years of CFO and business experience with strong corporate pedigrees and significant and progressive accomplishments as CFOs, including demonstrable transactional and fundraising track records.
Qualified candidates who meet the following criteria are encouraged to apply to be a partner at the firm:
- A strong professional reputation as a CFO for private and/or public companies with excellent company references
- Industry sector experience in technology, software, life sciences, healthcare, consumer products and services, energy and green tech, financial services and fintech, e-commerce, mobile, manufacturing and logistics, or non-profits
- Extensive knowledge of the business language, practices, personalities and culture of Silicon Valley and Venture Capital firms
- Public company CFO experience is a plus as are a deep understanding of capital markets and M&A experience
- Private equity experience and a deep understanding about how these firms operate and their needs is a plus
- Strong professional and personal network
- A collegial and collaborative personality and workstyle
- A willingness and aptitude for marketing and extending the FLG Partners brand
- The highest ethical standards
- San Francisco Bay Area residency is preferred, but we have partners in New York, Los Angeles and other geographic areas with active venture capital and private equity communities
Partner Vetting Process
Apart from your professional credentials, your compatibility with our culture and our business practices is essential. You will interview with many partners of the firm, and admission to the firm occurs after rigorous background and reference checks, followed by a vote of FLG’s partners. You should anticipate that this process will take at least a couple of months.
Engagement Flexibility for Partners
FLG’s partners work with clients through a variety of engagement models:
- Multi-year, full-time employment
- Full-time interim consulting
- Part-time interim consulting
- Project and advisory consulting
- Mentoring and coaching
- Positions on boards of directors
- Coaching and advising boards of directors
Regardless of the kind of client engagement model you prefer, our practice likely accommodates it.
If you’re interested in becoming part of the leading and most respected CFO resource and board advisory firm in the U.S. and contributing to and drawing upon the greatest concentration of CFO expertise in the United States, please visit our CFO job posting.