This policy describes how we collect and use information about visitors to this website and subscribers to our mailing list. By using this website, you acknowledge and consent to our practices described below. If you have questions or comments about the policy or our use of your personal information, please contact us at email@example.com. This policy is effective May 25, 2018. Any material changes to the policy will be published here. We reserve the right to make changes to this policy at any time without prior notice.
Information We Collect And How We Collect It
You may use our website without disclosing to us any personally identifiable information (“PII”).
We collect PII about you only if you choose to provide it to us by registering for an event sponsored or co-sponsored by us, subscribing to our mailing list, or providing your information to us in the normal course of business (such as your business card, for example). This PII may include, for example, your name, address, phone number, and email address, as well as specific information relevant to the event for which you are registering. We also collect PII about you in the normal course our providing (or considering to provide) contracted services to our clients.
If you choose to subscribe to our mailing list you will receive a confirming op-in email before we add you to the mailing list. Should you subsequently unsubscribe (“opt-out”) we continue to retain that information to ensure you do not continue to receive bulk communications from us. Individual FLG partners may continue to exchange emails with you regardless of your opting-out of bulk communications. Our mailing list is comprised of contacts collected by the methods above as well as the individual personal and/or professional contacts of FLG’s partners. We do not use purchased lists of contacts. Every six months members of our mailing list receive an automated email that: 1) shows the information we have on you; 2) allows you to correct or supplement that information; 3) displays those FLG partner(s) that you may know; and 4) allows you to opt-out of future bulk communications.
When you send us email or letters we may retain those messages. When you telephone us we may retain notes on the conversation. Any email messages and related attachments, if any, that you send to us are not governed by this policy.
Use & Disclosure of Information
- To the extent that we collect PII for or from event registration, we use the information in connection with the event for which you registered. We use it, for example, to track registration, confirm attendance, and may use it to furnish biographical details to other attendees. We may also use this information to call to your attention similar events that might be of interest to you.
- We use your PII in the course of providing, or considering to provide, contracted services to you.
- We do not share, rent or sell any PII with third parties for direct marketing purposes. However, your information may be provided to any of our event partners or co-sponsors for the purpose of informing you of that event, each of which will be identified to you at the time of invitation or registration. The privacy policies of these partners and co-sponsors may differ from this one.
- Marketing: occasionally we send marketing information about FLG, our partners, or events which we believe might be of interest to you, in the form of alerts, newsletters and invitations to specially selected events. We use email and other digital channels to communicate with you.
- We may disclose your personally identifiable information if we reasonably believe we are required by law to do so.
Changing Your Information
To update, correct, or delete the information you provide to us you may contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Links to Other Websites
Security and Confidentiality of Your Information
Do not send any information to FLG or its partners that constitutes a trade secret or is confidential, proprietary or that which may be reasonably construed as such. We cannot agree to obligations of confidentiality or non-disclosure with regard to unsolicited information submitted to us without our having previously executed an appropriate non-disclosure agreement. By submitting information or materials to us, you or anyone acting on your behalf agree that any such information or materials will not be considered confidential or proprietary until and unless such information and materials is subsequently covered by an executed non-disclosure agreement.