CFOs & Senior Finance Professionals: Up Your Game!
- Where / When
- Benefits / ROI
- Who Should Attend?
- Pricing / Register
- Location Details
Where & When
Thursday, OCTOBER 20, 2022 – 8:30 to 6:00 PM
RITZ CARLTON SAN FRANCISCO
The CFO role has changed fundamentally over the past 5 years.
Today’s CFOs must be strategic partners to both their CEOs and Boards. They must rapidly manage crises, creatively solve their companies’ most pressing business challenges and drive performance across the enterprise.
FLG’s CFO Essentials Workshop provides senior finance professionals with invaluable access to CFO experts and their best tools, advice and coaching to help you develop your leadership and strategic skills and drive impact with your CEO, Board, investors and stakeholders.
Benefits / Value / ROI
Learn how to navigate complex business problems and leverage your role to drive positive change and results at your company. Discover how to position yourself to catapult your career as a CFO. Receive essential CFO tips around financial strategy, when to use different finance techniques and best practices, all illustrated by real-world case examples.
- Connect and interact with experienced CFOs in four deep dive sessions demonstrating how top performing CFOs drive value creation, leadership, communication, and crisis and change management.
- Learn how to leverage your professional relationships, networks and position to improve your career advantage from award winning lawyer, podcast host and author Sara Holtz.
- Discover the latest “need to knows” about the critical area of risk management and mitigation from Priya Huskins, SVP and Partner at Woodruff Sawyer.
- Network and connect with FLG’s CFO leaders and mentors at the champagne reception following the workshop and sponsored by Trinity Capital.
- All workshop participants will receive a complimentary copy of “Advice to My Younger Me: Career Lessons from 100 Successful Women” by Sara Holtz.
FLG’s Managing Partner, Laureen DeBuono explains why you should attend this invaluable workshop and networking opportunity:
Who Should Attend?
- New CFOs and VPs of Finance who want to broaden their leadership, strategy, technical and communication skills.
- CFOs of smaller or mid-size entities who are transitioning to larger entities or evolving CFOs taking on increased responsibilities.
- Early-stage or mid-stage company executives as well as other senior leaders who want to further develop their financial acumen.
Early Bird Pricing: $995
(Register by August 1, 2022)
Meet Your Faculty
At this highly interactive workshop , you will learn from an experienced faculty of senior-level CFOs and professional experts with deep expertise across industry sectors, operating business scenarios, growth dynamics and financing transactions:
- Consumer & Medical Products
- Public Companies
- Board Advisory & Coaching
- Consumer Products
- Financial Services
- SaaS – Software
- IPOs – Public Companies
- SaaS – Software
Lawyer, podcaster, and founder of Women Rainmakers Roundtable ABA and California Bar Association winner. Author of “Bringin’ in the Rain” and “Advice to My Younger Me: Career lessons from 100 Successful Women”.
SVP, partner and board member at Woodruff Sawyer. Recognized expert on D&O liability risk and mitigation, including ways to reduce corporate exposure to shareholder lawsuits and regulatory investigations.
Network with partners from FLG at the Champagne Reception following the workshop
Fueling Disruptive Technologies. Revolutionizing the Future.
Trinity Capital is a leading venture lender and valued partner to growth-stage venture-backed companies looking for an experienced partner to strengthen their financial position and extend runway while preserving equity. In addition to capital, the team at Trinity invests their time, experience, and resources to help companies succeed.
CFO Essentials Workshop Agenda
Welcome and Introductions
The CFO’s Critical Role in Value Creation
- Value Creation Begins with a Great Team
- Bullet Proof Accounting: A Critical Foundation
- Driving Analytical Excellence for FP&A
- Systems and Processes: Faster, Better, Less Expensive
- Managing the Balance Sheet to Create Incremental Value
- Q&A: Handling Tough Situations Driven by Value Creation
- Taking the Finance Team to the “Next Level”
- Managing M&A Successfully
- Managing Cash in Tough Times
Managing Enterprise Risk and D&O Update
- Priya Huskins, nationally renowned risk management expert at Woodruff Sawyer, will advise on current trends in D&O insurance. FLG partners will each share an experience on how to mitigate risk.
CFO Leaders in the Spotlight
- High Functioning Growth Organizations: Essential Building Blocks
- Strong CFO & C-Suite Relationships: The “Why” and “How”
- Board Committee Leadership: Audit, Compensation & Risk Management
- Change Management: CFO Success Strategies
- Navigating & Managing a Material Accounting/Finance Issue That Can Cause a Company Setback
- CFO to COO or CEO: Seizing Career Opportunities
- Case Examples
- Callidus: Going Public During SOX Legislation
- Good: Two False Starts Ending in an Exit
- Canadian Public Co Transitions to NASDAQ
“Career Lessons from 100 Successful Executives”
A Q&A with Podcaster, Author & Lawyer Sara Holtz and Laureen DeBuono
Communicating Effectively with Key Audiences
- How to Persuade, Build Credibility & Lead Across Levels & Functions
- The Story Behind the Numbers: Making Your Point with Key Stakeholders
- Managing Teams Effectively in an Era of Remote Work & Cross-Cultural Operations: What Works, What Doesn’t
- Case Examples: A CFO Discovers a Material Ethical Breach
CFOs in Action: Strategic Partnering & Positioning
- Becoming an Essential Partner and Influencer with Your CEO
- C-Suite Trend Watcher: Early Identification of Future Value Inflection Points
- Identifying Strategic Opportunities, Modeling and Building Exit Scenarios
- Raising Funds and Financing: 5 Tips for Success
- Managing Crisis in Uncertain Times: 3 Lessons Learned
- Audience Q&A : 3 Scenarios for Discussion
- CFO discovers a critical hire was convicted of a felony.
- CFO discovers his/her forecast is widely inaccurate 2 hours before the earnings call.
- A key vendor’s CEO is a friend of your CEO. The vendor is in breach of their contract with your company.
“It’s A Wrap!”
CFO Networking & Champagne Reception Sponsored by Trinity Capital
The Ritz Carlton San Francisco in the Terrace Room with access to the outside Courtyard
600 Stockton St,
San Francisco, CA 94108
Ritz Carlton Parking Options via Spotangel.com: